The Silver City Treasure Seekers is a Metal Detecting Club based in Taunton, Mass
The Silver City Treasure Seekers Club of Taunton, Massachusetts started back in 2001 by Bill Henderson and is dedicated to the promotion of metal detecting as a hobby. Membership is open to the public with the only requirement being that all members follow the Treasure Hunters Code of Ethics. The Club's yearly dues are $35.00 for family and $25.00 per individual. We gather at 6:30 PM on the first Friday of every month at the Bristol-Plymouth Technical High School, 940 County St. (Rt. 140), Taunton, MA. There are currently over 50 active members that participate in various club meetings, Annual Treasure Show, club hunts and coin contests held each year. Monthly meetings are scheduled for two hours, the first hour being Club business and the second being discussions, coin and relic exhibits, find of the month contests with prizes, 50/50 prize and raffle drawings and an occasional guest speaker.
The 2017 Club Officers are:
- 1st Vice President - Paul Davis
- 2nd Vice President - Duff
- Secretary - Shannon Cleary
- Treasurer - John Oliveira
The club meets every first Friday of the month at Bristol- Plymouth Technical High School off of Rte. 140 in Taunton, Mass. Meeting starts at 6:30 P.M.
Anyone is welcome to join us as a guest. Participation in any of the activies however requires a paid membership.
The school is located at 940 County St. Taunton, MA 02780
Joining a metal detecting club is one of the most important things you can do to shorten the learning curve of your metal detecting hobby. It's fun meeting new people, seeing what they found, and sharing stories and tips with each other. There are always others that can help ID your finds when you're not quite sure what you have.
Some of the activities we enjoy each month are:
- Find of the Month Contest. Silver coin given as prize.
- Find of the Year Contest. Cash prize..
- Raffles for prizes (MD accessories) as well as a 50/50 raffle.
- Christmas Potluck and Yankee Swap.
- Bi-Annual Treasure Show (Be a part of this great show and get to display all of your great finds!)
- Yearly Open Club Hunts
- Occasional Lectures from well known authors, button and coin experts, etc;
- And many other great activities
Annual club dues are only 25.00 per individual and 35.00 per family.
Click here to print a 2017 Club Membership Application:
Our PO Box is: P.O.Box 818, North Dighton, Ma 02764